Job ID: 16071
The AMETEK Hughes-Treitler Business Unit, part of the Thermal Systems Management - Aerospace & Defense Division, designs and manufactures state of the art plate-fin heat exchangers, cold plates, condensers, evaporators, and other heat transfer products. We are currently seeking an experienced Quality Engineer to plan, develop and implement cost effective quality system procedures for assuring product conformance to requirements.
- Apply proven quality engineering principles to monitor, control and continuously improve critical processes in an aerospace manufacturing environment.
- Ensure that unique quality system requirements of both customer and regulatory authorities are determined, communicated and complied with.
- Interface and team with technical counterparts to resolve deficiencies in quality.
- Investigate significant internal & customer reported nonconformities to establish root causes and develop/implement effective corrective and preventive actions.
- Perform contract review to determine if the established quality system satisfied all of the customer’s requirements.
- Develop, issue and maintain quality procedures and work instructions to communicate the requirements of the quality system.
- Establish and maintain a cooperative relationship with customer representatives in an effort to provide timely and effective service in dealing with quality issues.
- Perform design and engineering change reviews to assure compliance with standard and customer design requirements, including control of product configuration.
- Conduct pre-ship data and product surveillance to confirm contract compliance.
- Participate in and support customer/regulatory agency surveys, audits and source inspection.
- Perform authorized material review of nonconforming product and request corrective action from responsible process owner. Submit requests for concession from customers when disposition authority is denied.
- Review and approved methods engineering manufacturing plans to assure the sequence of operations include proper insertion of inspection activities, identity of applicable process procedures and requirements for recording critical process data.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled audits of quality system elements.
- Use statistical techniques as an analytical tool to monitor the performance of quality and manufacturing processes.
- Continuously monitor the quality system to identify opportunities for improvement and reduction in quality costs.
- Participate in training employees in the understanding and use of new/revised quality system procedures.
- Assignment to one or more specialized quality system areas of responsibility (i.e., supplier controls, calibration, special processes, NDT, facilitation of continuous improvement project teaming, SPC coordinator, FAA representation, etc.).
- Issue technical reports and correspondence to communicate results of participation in the activities noted above.
Education and/or Experience:
- BS Engineering with four (4) years’ experience in quality, manufacturing or engineering.
- Minimum three (3) years of aerospace or automotive experience.
- Due to ITAR Restrictions, an export license may be required.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge in and experience with the following:
- AS9100/ISO 9001 and auditing experience
- Prime aerospace requirements
- AS9102 FAIR
- 8D problem solving techniques
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.