The Defense & Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Quality Engineer (QE) to work in our Gaithersburg, MD office. The QE is responsible for and is the primary SME in managing and overseeing Quality Control Plan (QCP) and serves as the Program Measurement Coordinator. The QE will oversee the overall Technical Performance Metrics process and collect and report data from metrics owners at the monthly Program Management Review (PMR) meeting. The QE will also work closely with the program office to address programmatic/technical action items, system transition activities, and Engineering Change Proposal (ECP) support.
- Analyzes trends in customer satisfaction, compliance with requirements, and quality of processes, services, and products
- Performs root-cause analysis of problems to identify sources of defects and recommends corrective actions
- Reviews program indicators and then recommends and implements improvements in training, process changes, tailored procedures, and improved technologies/tools
- Collects lessons-learned and develops recommended corrective actions or improvements
- Ensures that the Scrum meetings are done efficiently and that tasks are being accurately recorded in the JIRA tool
- Periodically audits process compliance and effectiveness.
- Periodically performs audits of CDRL deliverables
- Primary owner of the Quality Control Plan and periodically updates the plan as the SAS program evolves
- Monitors corrective actions and drives them to closure
- Active TS/SCI clearance is required. Must be willing to obtain Poly
- Experience working in the software development, deployment, or maintenance environments
- Thorough understanding of all corrective action/preventative action methodology
- Solid critical thinking skills and ability to create new, innovative ways to address quality issues
- Ability to interpret and analyze technical data and make appropriate recommendations as needed.
- Experience working in Cloud architecture and/or application transitions to the Cloud
- Experience working on an Agile development program
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in an environment to coordinate work assignments involving other contributors
- Experience with SharePoint or other similar document collaboration platforms
- Good understanding of project risk identification and mitigation practices
Requires BS and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience OR Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience OR HS diploma and an additional 4+ years exp.