Barnes Group Inc –Industrial Gas Springs division has an exciting and rewarding internship opportunity at our North American location in Romeoville, IL . As a Quality Control Inspector, you will be responsible for checking incoming and outgoing goods as well as process RMA's to determine an accepted or rejected status.
• Inspect incoming and outgoing materials to engineering specification to ensure they meet requirements for manufacturing per drawing or visual specifications.
• Records all inspection results on appropriate documentation that are accurate and legible (i.e., Inspection Data sheet, logs, traceability records, etc.).
• Determines acceptable or rejection status to release products for manufacturing or shipping.
• Requests directions from Production management when determination of product status is not clear or criteria are not clearly outlined.
• Monitors production to ensure adherence to procedures and instructions.
• Has complete understanding and working knowledge of Quality Control procedures and documentation. Knowledgeable of quality procedures and inspection instructions.
• Understands computers and has the ability to access Quality Procedures, Inspection Instruction, Inspection Data Sheets, drawings, and other data records required to perform assigned tasks.
• Has thorough understanding and use of measuring equipment, gages, and visual inspection aids. Fully possesses ability to differentiate unacceptable material per specifications.
• Process RMAs for customers and suppliers to drive corrective action for non-conformances.
• Performs special projects to assist in other areas, as required.
• Promotes quality awareness and sets good example of work ethics.
• Other job duties as assigned
• Adheres to the Barnes Code of Conduct and Ethics