Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
In this position, you will establish and maintain a quality culture in Electrification Installation Products, controlling quality with systems, tools, and teams to exceed customer expectations while ensuring sustainable operations.
Reporting to the General Manager, and a key member of the plant leadership team, you will be accountable for driving product and process quality and operational improvements to ensure our continued compliance with ISO9001:2015 quality management system standard and regulations within the plant..
- Maintain and continuously improve a Quality organizational structure capable of supporting the strategic initiatives of the plant and lead the efforts to integrate quality needs into the development of short- and long-range strategic business plans
- Provide Quality interface and expertise between the operation and its customers to proactively identify or anticipate their needs and expectations and ensure they are understood and satisfied; Includes the complaint management system (PARR) and the corrective/preventive action process related to customer issues, and the coordination of customer visits and audits
- Lead operations initiatives in the development, implementation, and improvement of the Quality Management Systems throughout the organization; Provide advanced quality planning support in the development and launch of new products, processes and services
- Lead the internal Quality System Audit program and manage the corrective action system in conjunction with the management review process
- Analyze key organizational quality metrics and perform periodical reviews to evaluate results and establish action plans to close the gaps
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, preferably EE, ME or related curriculum is required; Master’s degree is a plus.
- Must have minimum 8 or more years of experience in Quality Engineering, preferably in a complex, made-to-order, high volume manufacturing environment.
- Must have at least 3-5 years of Quality team leadership experience, leading a 10 + person team with demonstrated capability to provide effective employee coaching, development, and performance management.
- Direct experience in obtaining and maintaining ISO 9001:2015 Standard Certification is highly desirable.
- Current Certifications, e.g., ISO 9001 QMS Lead Auditor Certification; NQA-1 Lead Auditor Certification; IPC-A-610 and/or IPC-J-STD-001 Certification, ASQ CQE or CQM is preferred.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification is a plus.
- Strong ability to collaborate closely with peer members of the leadership team is required, including: Engineering, Operations, Materials Management, Finance and Finance, and will help drive continuous process improvement initiatives.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in the United States.
- Medical insurance
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB Installation Products Division (formerly Thomas&Betts),is the number one manufacturer of electrification products in North America with a 125-year history of providing innovation and customer- focused solutions for connecting and protecting electrical systems, as well as a unique differentiated medium voltage offering. Our products are used all around you, every day – orbiting the earth, working on Mars, on the fastest trains we ride, in the fastest cars of the world, crossing oceans, in factories producing your food, in the tallest buildings of the world, in the most modern hotels and in the walls of your home. With a portfolio of more than 200,000 products marketed under more than 38 premium brand names, our Division offerings are found wherever electricity is used.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
ABB in the United States requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or in specific and limited circumstances, be approved for a sincerely held religious belief or a medical/disability accommodation.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.