- Lead the expansion and sustainment of a committed quality culture throughout the entire value chain through influence and managing skills.
- Lead the translation of customer, industry, and regulatory into appropriate manufacturing and inspection methods; and, transfer them into standard work to ensure quality is achieved in-house and at suppliers.
- Manage pre-production validation package for Customer approval: First Article Inspection (FAI) or Production Part Approval Process (PPAP).
- Ensure the centers of excellence and vendor’s quality system consistently meets or exceeds customer regulatory requirements, AS-9100 Quality Management System, special processes and other customer specific requirements.
- Lead containment, root cause analysis, corrective, and preventive actions (RCCA/CAPA); train and mentor other associates and suppliers to perform effective problems solving using standard tools (8D, 3P and 5Why, etc.).
- Manage the quality metrics, cost of poor quality to achieve business goals and optimize return on investment.
- Lead, participate in and facilitate cross-functional teams on process control and optimization projects to stabilize and improve first passed yield; participate in other continuous improvement projects (i.e., Kaizen, Baseline, and Production Preparation Process (3P).
- Develop and refine advanced problem solving, process improvement methods and toolkit; train employees as well as suppliers.
- Maintain strong communication with customers, internal management team and vendors to ensure quality level is meeting expectations.
- Develop Capital Acquisition Appropriation Request (CAAR) to support business needs.
- Manage development and performance of direct reports.
- 7+ years of experience in manufacturing environment required (10+ years preferred) with a minimum of 5 years of proven managerial experience; cross- functional experience in precision machining a plus.
- Six Sigma Green Belt/Black Belt certification or equivalent preferred. Certified Quality Manager or Certified Manufacturing/Quality Engineer preferred.
- Solid Business Acumen
- Excellent computer skills with an emphasis in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Syteline or other ERP system experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering/technology required. Master’s degree in related field or MBA preferred.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)