Responsible for the development, maintenance and continuous improvement of all quality systems. Uses appropriate skills and tools to reduce the overall cost of quality. This involves interaction with different levels of personnel, internal and external. When necessary, Corrective Action Requests are initiated and followed through. This position represents the department in various roles internally and externally; trainer, liaison, auditor and project coordinator. This position may have supervisory or management responsibility for 4-8 associates. Responsible for planning, implementing & overseeing safety.
- Leads and directs quality team members
- Organizes and directs the Quality Department (long term and day to day operations).
- Maintains gage calibration/control system.
- Reports supplier performance, quality costs and corrective actions to management.
- Maintains contact with suppliers, performs surveys and resolves supplier questions/concerns with the support of the purchasing department.
- Manages all activities pertaining to receiving, work in process and final inspections.
- Reviews new and revised Sturtevant Richmont engineering drawings.
Creates procedures to help ensure quality polices are adhered to by the facility.
- Oversees development and maintenance of the quality system.
- Ensures that all policies and procedures are followed and that any nonconformance is detected and proper corrective/preventative actions are taken to prevent recurrence of nonconformities.
- Plans and executes quality system and product audits of Snap-on and other product families, sometimes without specific standards.
- Develops, implements and maintains methods of tracking quality performance in terms of customer reported error or shortage claims as well as internally detected errors. Identifies opportunities for improvement and leads projects or kaizen events to drive quality initiatives.
- Reviews and leads the team in conducting root cause investigations on excessive amounts or large dollar value errors or shortage claims.
- Acts as the quality management representative responsible for interfacing with external customers or auditors such as DCMA.
- Aids in the selection of personnel or teams to perform quality related activities.
- Key contact for investigating, resolving and responding in a timely manner to inquiries from various internal & external sources.
- Designs and develops safety policies, practices and procedures. Plans, promotes, organizes and directs job safety audits (JSA) and related activities. Advises management on problem correction. Manage safety/risk programs including fire and safety systems.
- Plans and presents quality and safety communications and training to various Snap-on associates or groups. Develops documents and supporting materials. Assures completion of CSA training.
Snap-on is an Equal Opportunity Employer,Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
- Bachelor degree required, preferably in business or engineering
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in assembly and production operations effectively administering quality systems
- Experience in Safety; Certified Safety Professional (CSP) preferred.
- Strong preference given to someone with significant Continuous Improvement experience with demonstrated results
- Must have excellent communication skills including written (email correspondence, report writing, etc) as well as formal and informal presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work with all levels inside and outside the organization required
- Must have working knowledge of ISO 9001and 17025 quality systems
- Must have knowledge of mathematical principles and experience in the use of statistical analysis techniques
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite products including Word, Outlook, Excel, Access, etc.
Prior 2-4 years supervisory experience required
- Some overnight travel (+5%) may be required
- Knowledge of OSHA standards