Barnes Aerospace MRO East Granby has an exciting and challenging career opportunity for a Quality Technician. In this role you will perform diversified inspection duties on aircraft parts as well as cross train to learn and perform additional functions. This position requires considerable experience, initiative, and ingenuity and the ability to work on your own to produce the highest level of quality and productivity against established standards. You will work constructively with Engineering, participate in company meetings, and make effective recommendations towards improvements in processes and overall productivity. If you are a talented and self-motivated individual that enjoys a fast paced environment, please submit your resume for further consideration.
- Perform a variety of duties to independently complete incoming, layout, first piece, in-process and final inspection of diversified turbine engine components being repaired.
- Review deviations and apply fundamental engineering principles to solve technical problems in collaboration with operations and engineering team.
- Interpret repair requirements and implement repair techniques in adherence with customer, industry, and regulatory requirements.
- Create inspection reports based on findings. Submit report to customer &/or OEM.
- Ensure quality detailed inspection is in compliance with all applicable manuals and technical data.
- Create inspection processing documentation IAW approved technical data.
- Operate computerized measuring equipment, train and assist other inspectors as required.
- Use precision measuring instruments such as dial indicators, micrometers, gauges, ID micrometers, boroscopes, pi tapes, etc.
- Assist in review of work instructions for adherence to regulatory requirements.
- Participate in Root Cause Corrective action process to investigate internal and external warranties.
- Mentor/Train shop floor personnel on process standards and inspection technique.
- 2+ years in aerospace environment (preferred)
- Knowledge/Practical experience in aerospace environment
- Skills Desired: strong attention to detail, ability to multitask, good communications skills
- Expert proficiency in the use of measuring instruments, i.e. various micrometers, verniers, swing, snap, and dial gauges, etc.
- Ability to read and interpret complex blueprints and technical documents.
- Proficient in CMM operation and programming preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to interact with all levels of employees, suppliers and customers.
- Demonstrated ability to work with team environment.
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; expertise in AutoCAD required.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing methodology (6-sigma, 6-S, Continuous Improvement) a plus.
- Bachelors in Engineering
This position is a safety sensitive position. Applicant must comply with all applicable FAA and DOT drug and alcohol testing rules.
Internal Candidate Instructions:
To be considered for the above position, please submit an internal application online.
At Barnes Group Inc, career development is a shared responsibility in which all employees are encouraged to develop, improve, and enhance their skills and professional growth to support our business objectives.