What Quality Control contributes to Cardinal Health
Quality control is responsible for the analysis or inspection of products or processes for compliance with specifications and standards.
- Demonstrates detailed oriented attention in all facets of responsibilities.
- Performs analytical evaluation or test of products or processes.
- Demonstrates knowledge of testing methods, product usage, and applicable regulations and standards.
- Adheres to established policies and procedures.
- Establishes test methodology.
- Provides technical guidance and training to others on SOPs and quality guidelines.
The primary responsibility of a Quality Technician is to perform duties which assist in ensuring packaged and shipped product meets all Customer specifications and Quality requirements.
II. Specific Duties, Activities, and Responsibilities:
- Perform visual and functional inspections of incoming, in-process, and finished products/components/packaging to ensure conformance to all specifications, drawings, and Quality standards.
- Make initial decisions on whether a process or product is in conformance.
- Audit and monitor quality requirements in accordance with the company Quality Assurance policies and Customer specifications.
- Document and report inspection findings and results and monitor corrective actions to inspection findings.
- Complete required Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), issue resolution, and task-specific training.
- Follow GMP including documentation practices and proper gowning techniques.
- Observes and guides sanitary practice compliance in the facility.
- Examine and interpret trends in data collected from production.
- Assist with enabling the organization to meet and exceed customer expectations for Quality Assurance.
- Recommend measures for continuous improvement of production methods, equipment performance, and Quality.
- In partnership with plant operation’s management, assist with processes to drive on-going continuous improvement of customer satisfaction and compliance.
- Work with a wide variety of gauges, instruments, and inspection devices.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned by management.
- Availability to work 1st, or 2nd shift depending on business needs.
III. Position Requirements:
Education or Equivalent: High School Diploma or equivalent required
Shift: 3:30 pm - 2:00 am / Monday - Thursday
- Must demonstrate computer proficiency (i.e. MS Office).
- Previous Quality systems/inspection experience preferred.
- Must possess excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate and work as a team with all departments, internal staff, management, Customers, and suppliers.
- Must be very well organized, detail-oriented and possess ability to multi-task.
- Must be motivated to strive for continuous improvement.
- Must have ability to adapt quickly, work under pressure, and prioritize workload in a constantly changing environment.
- Must have a high level of personal integrity.
- Must demonstrate a strong focus toward Service, Quality, and exceeding the expectations of every customer.
- Must be able to occasionally stoop, crouch, crawl and ascend/descend ladders.
- Must be able to tolerate standing and walking for the majority of the work shift.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.