Ardagh Group manufactures packaging for the world's biggest brands. We have a reputation for innovation, pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, pioneering new production methods, new design techniques and new ways to recycle and save energy. The unprecedented growth of our business has been driven by our unrivaled expertise, obsession with quality and commitment to continuous improvement.
Ardagh Group has a truly global presence. We operate 109 glass and metal manufacturing facilities in 22 countries, employing approximately 23,500 people with global sales of approximately €7,7 bn.
Under the direction of the Quality Manager; is responsible for executing required functions of the quality department to assure product safety and quality. Prepares, reviews, and audits quality information according to established quality assurance plans. Additional responsibilities may include Hold for Inspection (HFI) sampling, corporate and plant project support, data collection for Customer Complaints and British Retail Consortium (BRC) certification initiatives. This role provides daily support of Managers, Operations Lead personnel, Operator Technicians and may include training of new employees in quality systems, functions and tasks.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Comply with safety policies and practices while maintaining a safe work environment and inspection equipment (labs)
- Assist with the HFI process to include documentation, production accounting, disposition, rework activities, AQL or sampling, and the HFI areas
- Perform daily quality records review of the continuous verification process as required.
- Perform audits of various quality systems as required.
- Assist in the maintenance of quality function documentation such as forms, instructions, training guides, as well as records for Food/Product Safety & GMP compliance in accordance with record retention policies & requirements
- Attain proficiency and qualification in all quality checks
- Perform incoming material inspections and verifications as required
- Assist in the coordination of SMA’s with the production team as necessary including collect and organization of relevant data
- Assist in quality functions required for commissioning activities
- Establish and maintain 5S and a high level of housekeeping standards
- Perform successfully in a self-directed work team environment
- Support Plant and Corporate projects which require data collection and analysis
- Assist in new hire training as required
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Skills & Competencies:
- Exceptional written/verbal communication, organization and facilitation skills
- Computer proficiency to include Microsoft Office suite applications.
- Ability to coach, train, mentor, and facilitate job tasks
- Excellent people skills, high energy and positive cultural fit and attitude
- Ability to solve complex problems outside of normal processes
Education and or Experience:
- Associate degree, Equivalent Technical School Degree/Certification OR a High School diploma with 2 years manufacturing experience in a technical Quality role.
- Experience in container manufacturing.
- Working knowledge of SPC
- Strong quality related background as well as technical background/aptitude
- Proficient with quality control chart interpretation and corrective action identification
- Lean Manufacturing experience