Title: Quality and Continual Engineer
Location: Fremont, CA
The primary role of the Customer Quality Coordinator is to serve as the primary driver within our ISO and Quality Systems structure. Working with process owners, this position proactively measures business performance so that corrective and preventative actions address issues affecting the achievement of our quality objectives
• Analyze data to identify opportunities for improvement.
• Assists with First piece approvals
• Review and Assess Supplier processes and documentation
• Maintain successful relationships with supply, engineering, Operations, and regulatory departments.
• Collate and evaluate supplier quality data to identify process improvement opportunities within the supply chain.
• Manage supplier Returned Material Authorization (RMA) process and Nonconformance Material request (NCMR) process
• Contribute to continuous improvement activities
• Perform Root Cause Analysis (RCA), resolve problems and manage Corrective Action Reporting
• Manage Calibration Program
• Support Quality technicians and engineers
• Ensure supplier compliance to customer requirements for document submittal
• Proactively prevent non-conforming products from reaching our Customers
• Write process descriptions, assembly, and manufacturing instructions as needed
• Train associates within their own workgroup
• Undertake special projects or duties as required to support Quality objectives
Daily Tasks and resources
Attend and actively participate in Quality daily stand-up meetings and MRB meetings
Provide daily status of Quality actions to Production Control and Operations
Review and resolve Quality related problems
Review internal and external engineering drawings, Bills of Materials and Production Routings to ensure accuracy and completeness
Provide technical support to Customers and Suppliers
Education and experiences
• Bachelor's degree (B.A/B.S.) from a four-year College or University in an Engineering or Quality discipline
ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) preferred
ASQ Certified Quality Improvement Associate (CQIA) preferred
• Lean, Six Sigma, Quality Assurance, Quality Tools & Techniques
• Document Control
• Strict adherence to procedures
• Statistical Analysis and Continuous Improvement
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.