R&D Electrical Engineer
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Measurement and Analytics develops, produces, sells, delivers and services products and solutions to enable industrial and energy customers to operate more efficiently and profitably. We are dedicated to serving our customers with the best digitally enabled solutions to meet their needs quickly and reliably, while providing the support of a global service network.
Our Research & Development (R&D) engineers and scientists develop breakthrough technologies that change the way the world works and industries do business. We constantly push the limits of convention, while retaining our focus on delivering solid returns for our customers and shareholders.
The role reports to the Software Engineering Manager and is located in Bartlesville, Oklahoma. As a R&D Electrical Engineer, you will responsible for planning, design, development, testing, installation and co-ordination of related activities involving electrical/electronic components and systems.
Planning, conducting or coordinating a range of complex engineering activities encompassing one or more engineering disciplines. Conduct or coordinate complex analyses and develop recommendations based on sound engineering practices and business considerations. Serve as consultant to management and customers regarding advanced technical studies, their potential application and the resolution of complex problems. Manage or coordinate major engineering projects of substantial impact to the company. Proactively develop and implement measures to improve operations and customer satisfaction.
- Plan, conduct, coordinate and make recommendations regarding varied analytical studies, such as evaluation of advanced engineering concepts, procedures and processes. Analyze engineering and financial requirements of proposed programs, develop proposals and coordinate associated activities up to and including product delivery, installation and customer support.
- Serve as technical consultant, advisor and spokesperson for the organization on highly significant matters and exert considerable influence regarding focus and direction of engineering activities. Negotiate with customers, matters of considerable significance that may impact current and future business.
- Design and develop complex models or simulations of systems and conduct independent studies and research encompassing sophisticated analytical techniques and novel and unconventional approaches.
- May temporarily manage and direct activities of other engineers and assist in their professional and technical development.
- Maintain awareness of state-of-the-art technology and market trends affecting Company products and services and recommend responsive actions.
- Bachelor's Degree in an engineering or related field plus 2 to 5 years of experience; alternatively, a special combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated accomplishments.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Design, analyze, and evaluate systems, products or components, requiring a high degree of technical expertise.
- Development of analog, digital hardware boards/solutions from inception through production release/sustaining.
- Research, investigate and define new areas of technology to enhance existing products or to provide new product direction.
- Hardware design from concept through to production including component selection, test, prototype build and debug, regulatory and certification approvals, production integration and ongoing support.
- Work closely with firmware developers during development and postproduction stage.
- Experience with embedded microprocessor/microcontroller design and development, and ability to write embedded software for microcontrollers.
- Experienced with CAD tools for schematic capture, simulation and PCB layout.
- Microcontroller/Processor development environments.
- Hands on hardware development experience – analog and digital and electromechanical devices.
- Digital processing understanding state machine design, multiple clock domains, skew and propagation delay, synchronous design techniques.
- Experience developing embedded software for measurement and analytical equipment developed for the Upstream Oil & Gas market.
- Discrete design using logic gates in multiple families including CMOS, HCMOS and other 5Vbipolar families and 3.3V, 2.5V and 1.8V CMOS families.
- Digital filters including FIR, IIR, multi-rate, decimation, interpolation, adaptive filters.
- Digital to Analog Conversion using DACs, PWM.
- Discrete level design of switching and linear circuits using transistors (BJT and FET), resistors, capacitors, thyristors.
- Linear amplifiers at the chip level using Op-amps, Instrumentation amplifiers, differential amplifiers, Integrators, Differentiators, Summers.
- Analog to Digital Converters such as SAR, Sigma-Delta, Delta-Sigma, Comparator.
- Analog filters using switched capacitor techniques, linear amplifiers and RLC.
- Impedance matching, conversion and network analysis.
- Electromechanical Devices, Sensors, Solenoids, Motors, Valves (both linear and on/off).
- RTD’s, Pressure, Thermocouple.
- Electromagnetic Emission/ Susceptibility Control.
- Use of EMC Compliance Equipment.
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
ABB in the United States requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or in specific and limited circumstances, be approved for a sincerely held religious belief or a medical/disability accommodation.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.