At SSM Health, we know the healing power of presence begins with compassionate employees like you. As an ICU RN, you’ve chosen a career where patients matter—a lot.
Our Mission and Values put the patient first and place you in a position to improve each day.
As an Operating Roomo RN, you will care for patients in the most critical time.
In the operating room, our registered nurses come from a diverse set of backgrounds, making SSM Health a great place both to share your own knowledge and, more broadly, to learn from your peers.
We proudly leverage our skills to effect positive outcomes from potentially grave circumstances.
In return, you can expect a work environment where:
- Operating Room RNs feel valued, respected and free to express themselves;
- Each employee finds meaning in work, leveraging skills and talents toward a greater purpose;
- Teamwork and collaboration is encouraged, while management is supportive.
If you’re a patient advocate first…
If you listen and respond with great care…
If the needs, wants, and goals of each patient matter to you…
Then we’d love to learn more! Please fill out your application today.
Join a network of Operating Room RNs just as kind and powerful as you.
Uses the nursing process in care delivery and provides nursing leadership for other patient care personnel. Circulates independently on complex cases.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills in providing care for the perioperative patient by completing a comprehensive preoperative assessment, planning and implementing individualized nursing interventions and evaluating the effectiveness of care and modifying interventions as needed.
- Prioritizes multiple complex patient and physician needs to delegate and coordinate the care provided by the surgical team to maximize patient outcomes.
- Coordinates patient care assignments to personnel supervised, considering staff competencies, patient population, equipment used, patient condition, environmental factors, infection control, safety factors and availability of direct/indirect supervision.
- Communicates effectively with patients, staff and physicians to anticipate needs and develop and implement actions to be taken in response to complaints related to patient care processes.
- Maintains and enhances professional clinical skills by seeking out learning situations and remaining abreast of current advances in nursing techniques and technologies.
- Serves as a consultant to all personnel in area(s) of nursing expertise. Teaches and mentors other less-experienced RNs and technicians.
- Demonstrates advanced clinical judgment as evidenced by knowledge of complex nursing interventions required in multiple surgical specialty areas.
- Exhibits willingness to take on special projects and initiates actions that work to improve processes within the department.
- As an SSM Health nurse, I will demonstrate the professional nursing standards defined in the professional practice model.
- Uses the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses to guide his/her response to the current and evolving health and nursing needs of our patients and our patient populations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Nursing
Two years’ advanced surgical experience