Provides essential leadership and coordination of patient care services on the specified nursing unit; coordinates the allocation of staff and other resources according to departmental needs; facilitates the on-going achievement of the unit, department and facilities mission and goals; promotes the development and improvement of processes directed at providing quality, economical healthcare services; provides direct patient care on a routine basis.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Five years clinical experience in applicable nursing area (unit specific) preferred; Charge nurse experience preferred.
- Current Texas RN License
- CPR (American Heart Association)
- ACLS within 6 months of hire/transfer date
- For Shoreline Emergency Department: CPI within 90 days of hire/transfer date, TNCC within 18 months of hire/transfer date, ENPC or PALS within 18 months of hire/transfer date, and NIHSS within 90 days of hire/transfer date.