Provides professional nursing care for the comfort and well-being of patients. Prepares equipment and assists physician during examinations and treatments. Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors patient vital signs. Observes and maintains records on patient care, condition, reaction, and progress.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Able to assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care.
- One-year experience in nursing preferred.
- Current Texas State RN License
- CPR (American Heart Association)
- ACLS required within 6 months of hire/transfer date
- Unit Specific Requirements
- Ssh Icu/Micu (A3), Ssh Coronary Oth (A4), Ssh Cardio Icu (Cvicu), Ssh Icu/Micu 3 & Ssh Trauma Icu: NIHSS required within 90 days of hire/transfer date
- Ssh Icu/Micu (A3), Ssh Cardio Icu (Cvicu) & Ssh Icu/Micu 3: EKG within 90 days of hire/transfer date
- Ssh Trauma Icu: TNCC required within 18 months of hire/transfer date
- Ssh Trauma Icu: ENPC or PALS required within 18 months of hire/transfer date