Provides professional nursing care for the comfort and well-being of patients. Prepares equipment and assists physician during examinations and treatments. Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors patient vital signs. Observes and maintains records on patient care, condition, reaction, and progress.
Kleberg Med/Surg Telemetry/Pediatrics is a 32-bed Unit. We take care of patients from infants, to end of life Geriatric. We have very few pediatric patients annually, compared to the majority of our patients who are Cardiac and Telemetry. We also take care of Post-Operative and General Med/Surg patients. It's a wonderful opportunity to enhance, utilize, and grow your nursing skills.
If you are looking to join a rapidly growing faith-based organization that encourages professional development, we want you to become a part of the CHRISTUS Spohn family!
**This position qualifies for Relocation Assistance as well as a SIGN-ON BONUS based on experience.**
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Able to assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care.
- One-year experience in nursing preferred.
- Current Texas State RN License
- CPR (American Heart Association)
- ACLS within 6 months of hire/transfer date
- PALS within 6 months of hire/transfer date