The RN Clinical Educator-Critical Care is a Bachelor's degree (or higher) prepared registered nurse trained to manage the ongoing education, training, and professional development of nursing staff in Critical Care. Housed in the system Education Department, the RN Clinical Educator-Critical Care is a member of the Nursing Leadership Team. The Clinical Educator collaborates with members of the education department and nursing leadership to support the mission, vision, and values of the organization, as well as the strategic goals of the organization, nursing's philosophy, and the professional practice model. The RN Clinical Educator-Critical Care supports clinical leadership and unit tactics that enhance the professional practice environment for staff by enhancing autonomy, professional development, transformational leadership, inter-professional relationships, fundamentals of quality nursing care, adequacy of resources and staffing, and teamwork.
- BLS Healthcare Provider
- Texas RN license
- BSN or equivalent experience. If ADN Prepared must be enrolled and actively pursuing BSN; must obtain within 1 year of entry into position
- Minimum 5 years clinical nursing experience in Critical Care.
- Min. 1-3 years in training, precepting, or staff development (May be in an informal role)
- Proficient in Windows Word, Power Point, Excel
- General knowledge and experience in use of office equipment i.e. copier, fax, telephone, and DVD player, and video streaming. LCD projector.
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills, excellent communication skills