The Children's Hospital of San Antonio/CHRISTUS Health System is seeking pediatric and/or neonatal intensive care nurses to provide care and treatment for children and adolescents with critical care needs in the transport setting. The ALL-KIDZ transport team is a combined pediatric/neonatal specialty team designed to care for pediatric and neonatal patients requiring inter-facility critical care transport. The ALL-KIDZ Transport Team is capable of transporting critically ill neonates, infants and pediatric patients ranging from small infants to adolescents suffering from a wide variety of illness and injuries. Teams have the ability to transport these patients by dedicated ground ambulances, dedicated helicopter services, and contracted fixed-wing services. Depending on the child's condition and location, The ALL-KIDZ team utilizes all of these modes of transport to facilitate rapid response to referring facilities in San Antonio and surrounding areas.
The ALL-KIDZ Transport Team is comprised of a registered nurse and registered respiratory therapist, both with extensive pediatric and neonatal critical care experience. The team collaborates with a diverse multidisciplinary team to provide compassionate and family-centered care to patients and families in the community.
Join the only stand-alone children's hospital specialty transport team in San Antonio providing comprehensive pediatric and neonatal care.
•Minimum of 2 years in pediatric and/or neonatal critical care (three to five years is preferred)
•Flight or ambulance transport experience is preferred
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with active RN Texas licensure.
- All newly licensed RNs with less than 6 months' experience must participate in the CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Residency Program. An individualized learning plan will be developed through completion of the Performance Gap Analysis and competency completion will be documented through the program's tracking software.
Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications:
- Registered Nurse with valid Texas License
- BLS Certification required; ACLS certification highly desired/recommended. Current specialty certification as required.
- Must have working knowledge of the nursing process as well as in depth knowledge of therapeutic, physical, psychosocial, spiritual, cultural, and developmental needs for a select category of patients.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.