SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With over 97,000 employees in 130 countries and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services.
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
As the Radio Frequency Test Engineer, you will perform Radio Frequency (RF) Conducted and Over the Air (OTA) testing on mobile products with technologies such as CDMA, GSM, UMTS, LTE, Wi-Fi, IOT, and 5G, to ensure delivery of testing services that meet client’s requirements in accordance with Global Wireless Forum’s test plans, Carrier supplemental test plan and SGS quality system.
- Perform debug and engineering testing services for wireless clients; use of specified equipment to perform required tests
- Maintain a high degree of knowledge of industry test requirements in order to assist customers and test equipment manufacturers with issues.
- Responsible for maintaining one or more test platforms, building knowledge on said platforms: updating systems and isolating issues then communicating with test equipment service.
- Work directly with external clients including conference calls, Project Managers, Key Account managers, and Technical leads in order to ensure the client’s product runs smoothly through the testing process
- Conduct testing in accordance with established procedures, maintaining a high standard of service delivery that ensures effective customer relations.
- Complete all assigned chargeable work within the required timeframes to ensure customer and project staff satisfaction and efficiency of the business.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering BSEE, Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering BSCE or equivalent degree or similar technical field
- Knowledge of the Korean language is a plus
- Min 1 year of wireless industry experience as follows:
- RF and antenna theory preferred
- Experience with RF testing
- Understanding of CDMA/GSM/WCDMA/LTE/5G mobile wireless knowledge in one or more areas
- Understanding of test Specifications
- Troubleshoot, analyze, and provide UE and TE logs for test devices
- Critically reviews work processes to ensure quality; addresses problems that could impact quality; makes sure project deliverables and services meet all requirements and expectations; do not make the same mistakes twice
Preferred Training as follows:
- Measurement Uncertainly
- Conformance Testing, exposure to R&S 8980, Anrtisu ME7873L, LA, NR, Keysight UXM, CMW500
- Working with test equipment (oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, signal generators, power meters, arbitrary waveform generators, network analyzer, etc.).
- Knowledge of general RF measurements (i.e. IP3, NF, EVM, ACPR, S-parameters, VSWR, RxBN, Spectral Emissions, etc.).
- 5G NR Physical Layer is a plus
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a callback. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.