About the Organization
Tower Health is a strong, regional, integrated healthcare provider/payer system that offers leading-edge, compassionate healthcare and wellness services to a population of 2.5 million people. Together, our seven hospitals and other entities provide a full range of medical care from prevention, screenings & education; to the latest clinical services and surgeries available; to rehabilitation. We also offer wellness programs & public health services that ensure our communities are the healthiest they can be. Our caring, highly trained physicians and staff are committed to patient safety and patient satisfaction.
With more than 11,000 team members, Tower Health includes Reading Hospital, a teaching hospital based in West Reading; Brandywine Hospital in Coatesville; Chestnut Hill Hospital, a teaching hospital in Philadelphia; Jennersville Hospital in West Grove; Phoenixville Hospital in Phoenixville; Pottstown Hospital in Pottstown; and St. Christopher's Hospital for Children. We also operate Reading Hospital Rehabilitation at Wyomissing & Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences, & we have a comprehensive physician network.
Collaboration across Tower Health enables our hospitals, providers, leadership & staff to leverage best practices across the health system. Our hospitals have received national recognition for advanced care in areas such as neurosurgery and stroke, cardiac & vascular surgery, trauma, hematology & oncology. Reading HealthPlex, which opened at Reading Hospital in October 2016, combines state-of-the-art technology and world-class design to make the HealthPlex one of the most sophisticated surgical centers & inpatient facilities in the region.
At Tower Health, we have a rich history of providing high-quality, cost-effective care in the communities we serve. As the healthcare industry continues to change, one thing remains steadfast: Tower Health's commitment to Advancing Health, Transforming Lives.
About St. Christopher's Hospital for Children
St. Christopher's Hospital for Children, a partnership between Tower Health and Drexel University, is a 188-bed facility that provides exceptional care to children throughout the Greater Philadelphia area and surrounding counties.
St. Christopher's has more than 220 pediatric experts on staff, combining top-notch pediatric care with a wide array of pediatric specialties including Cardiology, Ear, Nose and Throat, Gastroenterology, Oncology, and Orthopedics. It houses the only Verified Pediatric Burn Center between New York City and Baltimore and is one of only three Level I Pediatric Trauma Centers in Pennsylvania. St. Christopher's is a Magnet® designated hospital and was recognized as a Women's Choice Award Best Children's Hospital.
In addition to its main location in Philadelphia, the hospital has a growing network of primary and specialty care locations throughout the Philadelphia suburbs and New Jersey so your child's health conditions can be treated close to home.
The Radiology Supervisor provides direct support to the Administrative Director. This position works collaboratively with leadership within the departments to ensure the clinical staff deliver family centered, high quality safe patient care.
- To provide a safe environment and care
- For day to day operations, fiscal responsibility, maintenance of clinical relationships, equipment maintenance, and patient safety (development, education, and compliance management)
- Maximizes efficiency of the department through effective planning, daily organization and delegation of assignments
- Overall supervision of personnel
- He/she assures compliance with standards set forth by the federal, state, Joint Commission, and other regulatory agencies.
- Fulfills the Hospital mission by providing state-of-the art diagnostic technologies for patient care in a compassionate and timely manner while maintaining a fiscal responsibility to the instituion
- To train and assess staff to necessary competencies
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of current trends in healthcare
- Commitment to excellence in patient care
- Working knowledge of Radiolgy functions
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates accountability and professionalism
- Adapts to change in a positive, professional manner
- Able to establish goals
- Commitment to customer service
- Ability to establish goals
- Participates in continuous performance improvement activities.
Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing, BSN required
Certificationand License Requirements
Prior work experience in procedural based nursing and sedation services is preferred.
3-5 years of supervision experience is preferred
Required Licenses: Current Pennsylvania Registered Nurse Licensure