SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With over 97,000 employees in 130 countries and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services.
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
As the Receptionist, you will provide office support to the Front Office and customer service for all testing departments. This position will identify potential panelists within our existing database and recruit new participants in our safety and efficacy testing of sunscreen, cosmetics, toiletries, topically applied pharmaceuticals.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Greets panelists and other visitors.
- Administers temperature checks at the entrance and helps enforce visitor compliance with Covid precautions.
- Helps to on-board new panelists
- Works with existing panelists to interest them in participating in additional studies
- Works with existing panelists to recommend SGS to their friends and family
- Secures Informed Consent from panelists, explain tests, answer questions and schedule appointments
- Weighs and prepares test materials for testing
- Adheres to internal standards, policies, and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent
- Pleasant phone personality
- Bilingual English and Spanish
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Works well in a team environment and is able to maintain professional behavior.
- Effective communication, written, and verbal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Well organized with a sense of responsibility for projects and time management
- Mathematical Skills: Basic preferred
- Reasoning Skills / Abilities: Basic preferred
- Computer Skills: Intermediate preferred
- Travels up to 10% of the time
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a callback. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.