ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acts as back up reception to automated phone system, answering calls in a professional and courteous manner and conveying messages to staff and faculty.
- Welcomes, screens and issues appropriate badges for walk-in visitors, vendors and new hires.
- Manages supply inventory and informs business office when supplies need to be ordered.
- Prepares mailers for USPS and UPS.
- Assists with event planning for set up and clean up for various campus events.
- Maintains copiers by ordering toner and calling for service, if needed.
- Assists with other administrative support activities as assigned to support the needs of the business.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
REPORTS TO: Manager, Human Resources
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL, and PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function. Appropriate reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Excellent telephone etiquette
- Basic office clerical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to interact with various personalities and maintain a flexible, positive attitude
- Ability to self-direct and manage time effectively
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time at a keyboard
- At least six months of administrative experience performing a variety of duties
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Being Resilient - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
- Instills Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Innovation - Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment but may involve exposure to moderate noise levels. Work involves operation of personal computer equipment for six to eight hours daily and includes physical demands associated with a traditional office setting, e.g., walking, standing, communicating, and other physical functions as necessary.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.