This position is responsible for answering main telephone lines and forwarding calls appropriately and greeting guests and employees-all in a courteous, polite and professional manner. The ideal candidate is kind and eager to assist. They will welcome guests, offer refreshment or beverage and generally act as host in both a casual reception and professional business meeting setting. This position is responsible for acting as the first point of contact for the company and is expected to promote a polished, professional image to all callers, employees and visitors.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Directs visitors by maintaining employee and department directories; giving instructions.
- Maintains safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations. Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Telephone Skills. Verbal Communication. Microsoft Office Skills. Listening. Professionalism. Customer Focus. Organization. Handles Pressure. General Office Duties
LANGUAGE SKILLS, REASONING ABILITY AND ANALYTICAL APTITUDE
* A strong customer service orientation
* Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but involved written or oral instructions. Must apply reasoning/problem-solving ability.
* Excellent verbal communication skills
* Ability to work with interruptions
* Superior internal/external customer communication
* Ability to work professionally under pressure
* Displays willingness to assist and has excellent customer service orientation.
* Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality with tack and diplomacy.
* Be a team player, articulate and professional
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.