Combine two of the fastest - growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making Healthcare data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
Positions in this function are responsible for investigating, recovering and resolving all types of claims as well as recovery and resolution for health plans, commercial customers and government entities with a focus in obtaining missing payment details. This individual will follow up with insurance payors, thoroughly document system notes, report payor trends to the leadership team, and prepare inventory for escalation. This role requires the individual to have Cash Posting and Accounts Receivable background.
- Review, investigate, and resolve missing claim payments and/or patient detail required for cash posting identified by the AR department as paid by the payor.
- Work with carriers, third - party insurers, and other internal departments in tracking the progress of payments to resolve unapplied and misapplied cash issues in accordance with current policy and procedures
- Research and resolve discrepancies between cash receipts, invoice files, and patient information for posting processes
- Responsible for communicating with personnel regarding payor issues
- Respond to inquiries by both internal and external customers promptly
- Collaborate with others to identify and solve problems
- Review and process daily correspondences as needed
- Plans, prioritizes, organizes and completes work to meet established objectives
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ year of a healthcare revenue cycle experience or healthcare accounts receivable experience
- 6+ months of payment posting or cash reconciliation experience
- 1+ years of working experience with practice management system (EPIC)
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Recovery Analyst, Reconciliation, Cash Posting, Accounts Receivable