Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Recruiter I at our San Antonio, Texas location. The primary purpose of this job is to be responsible for candidate recruitment and hiring to help the business units you support achieve their business objectives. This position will support with hiring managers and business leaders hire top talent while maintaining a sound recruiting process to ensure a great candidate experience. This position will support internal and external recruitment processes and may directly interact with PenFed leadership to drive business growth.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain multiple requisitions simultaneously in an applicant tracking system (ATS) for a variety of positions from line staff to middle management.
- Conduct intake meetings with managers.
- Screen resumes to identify minimally qualified applicants.
- Conduct phone screens and select qualified candidates to proceed with additional interviews with hiring managers.
- Coordinate candidate interviews with hiring managers and oversee all interview logistics, including conference room reservation and preparation, day-of scheduling, and maintaining an overall positive candidate experience.
- Negotiate compensation, extend offers, and initiate the hiring and onboarding process for new employees.
- Assist on project teams related to talent acquisition initiatives.
- Maintain an active pipeline of quality candidates in support of current and future business needs.
- Participate in offsite related recruiting activities which may include attending career fairs, campus career fairs, networking events, online job fairs, military recruitment events, and training seminars.
- Serve as the liaison between candidates, hiring managers, and human resources staff.
- Execute recruiting strategies and best practices in order to deliver top-quality talent and meet hiring plans in a timely and consistent manner.
- Provide accurate and thorough documentation on candidates in our applicant tracking system.
- Maintain accurate records of individual recruitment metrics through activity trackers.
- Ensure the documentation and maintenance of accurate and concise records and reports concerning all phases of the recruitment process, including EEO statistics.
*This role is responsible for ensuring business continuity.*
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources or a related field is required.
- Minimum of one (1) year of related experience preferred, preferably as a recruiting coordinator, internal recruiter, or external recruiting agent.
- Ability to build and maintain candidate pipelines for both short and long term hiring needs.
- Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems required, Taleo experience preferred.
- Experience with a HRIS system is preferred, specifically PeopleSoft.
- Proficient in MS Office - including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Must be comfortable maintaining a presence on professional online networking sites.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise. *Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call is required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.