Referral Assistant - West Hills, CA - Tuesday - Saturday 5 AM - 1:30 PM
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
As a Lab Technician you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, Lab Technicians play an essential role in our success and in the services we provide. As a career, we offer a unique opportunity to develop your career with the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. We are tech driven, and we’re creating the lab of the future – an environment where you can deliver cutting edge diagnostics and help us drive new discoveries and breakthroughs.
Responsible for general support functions within the Referral Testing Department. These functions may include but are not limited to pickup or receipt of specimens, sort by referral lab, and processing specimens as required to refer to another laboratory, packing and shipping. All functions must be performed with confidence, accuracy and in a timely manner. Additionally, since many changes occur from day to day, great flexibility on the part of the Referral Assistant is required.
1. Retrieves, sorts and processes specimens for shipment to referral laboratories.
2. Ensures sample quality and accuracy. Identifies problems with specimen types, missing information, incorrect temperature, quantity not sufficient, etc.
3. Prepares specimens for shipment. Legibly completes all pertinent documentation.
4. Prepares packages (infectious and diagnostic) for shipment. Accurately completes all shipping documents and ensure packages are prepared according to IATA regulations.
5. Completes all required written documentation, legibly and within the assigned timeframe.
6. Responsible for filing departmental documents.
7. Distributes patient reports to external customers via mail and or fax.
8. Learns additional functions within Referral Testing to allow timely progression to the next level.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
10. Handles multiple tasks simultaneously and works in a production environment.
11. Understands the complex relationship between test(s) ordered and specimen received.
12. Communicates effectively with all levels of staff.
13. Demonstrates ability to work independently and with a team.
14. Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills that foster a positive environment.
15. Maintains composure while working under challenging situations.
16. Displays effective problem solving skills and demonstrates good judgment and follow through.
17. Demonstrates ability to adapt to change.
18. Adheres to Quest Diagnostics core values, safety and compliance policies and procedures.
19. Works in a biohazard environment, practicing good safety habits.
20. Keeps work area neat and clean.
21. Ability to sit or stand for long periods.
22. Able to lift up to 40 pounds
High school diploma or equivalent required.
-Medical background preferred which includes medical terminology applicable to a clinical laboratory.
-Previous experience in a Specimen Processing or production environment preferred.
-Previous knowledge/experience with handling esoteric test requests preferred.
Key word search: referral, testing, medical, technical, data entry.