Referral Rep I- Miramar, Florida - Monday-Friday
The Referral Representative I is responsible for reporting laboratory results using established protocols. All functions must be performed with confidence, accuracy and in a timely manner. Handles all internal and external customer contact regarding Referral Testing. Receives, resolves and follow-ups with complex customer issues. Acts as a liaison between internal and external customers and Referral vendors.
1. All duties of the Referral Assistant.
2. Handles all customer inquiries by telephone, Referral mailbox, and in person regarding reporting of results, service failures, and other quality issues to provide customer satisfaction.
3. Reports laboratory results using established protocols.
4. Contacts the client to resolve routine or medical/technical matters related to patient testing and result reporting.
5. Uses established protocols for reporting client concerns.
6. Performs investigation and provide resolution to complex Referral Testing issues.
7. Researches test availability using established protocol for selecting a referral vendor.
8. Assists Client Services, customers, and sales by effectively answering questions and responding to concerns in a timely manner.
9. Communicates all tests not performed [TNP's] and lab accidents to clients within 24 hours of notification. Document thoroughly; elevate issues of concern to supervisor.
10. Identifies and elevates Reportable Quality incidents to supervisor.
11. Other duties as assigned.
12. Handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work in a fast paced environment.
13. Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills when interacting with internal and external customers. Able to speak English language clearly.
14. Strong independent problem solving skills.
15. Demonstrate willingness to accept additional responsibility with a positive attitude.
16. Demonstrate ability to work independently and with a team.
17. Demonstrate good data entry skills. 18. Able to operate basic office equipment.
19. Adheres to Quest Diagnostics core values, safety and compliance policies and procedures.
20. Work in a biohazard environment, practicing good safety habits.
21. Basic understanding of the operations of Client Services and Specimen Processing, thorough understanding of Referral Testing.
22. Keeps work area neat and clean.
23. Ability to sit or stand for long periods.
Education High school diploma or equivalent.
Work Experience: Minimum 1-2 years clinical laboratory experience.
Data Entry Skills - 6000 keystrokes per hour required.
Customer Service and/or medical background preferred, which includes medical terminology applicable to a clinical laboratory.
Basic PC skills - Word, Excel, etc. helpful.