Referral Rep II- West Hills, California - M-F / 9A-530P
Handles all internal and external customer contacts regarding Referral Testing. Receives, resolves and follow-ups and communicates outcome of complex customer issues. Provides coaching, training and support to Referral Assistant and Referral Representative I. Act as a liaison between internal and external customers and Referral vendors.
1. All duties of the Referral Representative I.
2. Provides training and mentoring for Referral Assistant and Referral Representative.
3. Tracks and reports metrics required for monitoring Referral Vendor effectiveness.
4. Responsible for resolving interface exception logs and ensuring exceptions are resolved in timely manner.
5. Issue revised reports as necessary in accordance with defined guidelines.
6. Actively involved in special projects regarding Referral Testing.
7. Monitor use of Wild Codes and advise Group Leader of increase in particular test.
8. Obtain (when necessary) and monitor Licenses for all Referral Vendors.
9. Advise customers, Client Service, and Sales of test delays per department policy.
10. Troubleshoot referrals issues, notify supervisor of potential problems.
11. Other duties assigned.
12. Handles multiple tasks simultaneously and work in a fast paced environment.
13. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to speak English language clearly and effectively communicate to caller and peer group.
14. Handles challenging situations and demonstrate a potential for a strong independent problem solving skills.
15. Adheres to Quest Diagnostics core values, safety and compliance policies and procedures.
16. Supports and embraces organizational decisions.
17. Excellent interpersonal skills ability to train and direct staff to positive action.
18. Strong organizational skills strong ability to manage time effectively.
19. Works in a biohazard environment, practicing good safety habits.
20. Keeps work area neat and clean.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Minimum 3-5 years clinical laboratory experience required.
Data Entry Skills - 6000 keystrokes per hour required.
Medical background preferred, which includes medical terminology applicable to a clinical laboratory.
Basic PC Skills - Word, Excel, etc. helpful