This position is PRN. PRN means as needed (no set shift/schedule). Sets up and operates various types of oxygen and other therapeutic gas and mist inhalation equipment such as tents, masks, catheters, cannulas and incubators. Administers prescribed doses of medicinal gases and aerosolized drugs. Prepares and maintains a chart for each patient containing all pertinent background information and treatment records. Cleans, inspects and tests inhalation therapy equipment to ensure proper operating condition.
- Basic Computer Knowledge
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written.
- Graduate of an American Medical Association approved Registered Respiratory Therapist Program.
- Previous experience as a respiratory therapist in an acute care environment preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Registered by the National Board for Respiratory Care.
- Texas RCP license required.
- BCLS required.