What Region Director Contributes to Cardinal Health
Region Director is responsible for driving sales and services to new and existing customers. Responsible for maximizing customer value/satisfaction by aligning complex product solutions and services with key customer initiatives. Builds and maintains relationship with key decision makers or potential influencers. Involves a longer sales cycle.
Accountabilities in this role
- Manage a team of Specialty Products Representatives to drive product and services growth and product mix throughout an assigned region.
- Meet or exceed assigned quota’s for the region.
- Coordinate and support Specialty Products Representatives to meet or exceed account expectations (through coaching, ride-alongs, etc.)
- Build and maintain long-term trusted advisor relationships with key decision makers and ensure customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Conduct performance evaluations of Specialty Products Representatives and provide them ongoing coaching (e.g., setting account strategies, selling product and services)
- Support Specialty Products Representatives in driving product mix
- Provide coaching, training and development to Specialty Product Representatives
- Bachelors degree required; Graduate degree preferred
- 6-10 years healthcare sales experience
- Demonstrate advance knowledge of CAH and customer industry (e.g., key competitors, technology, terminology, regulations)
- Demonstrate strong leadership and management skills
- Ability to retain customers and ensure high customer satisfaction rating
- Ability to motivate and manage a geographically dispersed labor force and develop talent
- Ability to hunt for new opportunities
- Ability to travel 75% of time
- Excellent planning, forecasting, negotiation and presentation skills
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Provides leadership to managers and experienced professional staff may also manage front line supervisors
- Manages an organizational budget
- Develops and implements policies and procedures to achieve organizational goals
- Assists in the development of functional strategy
- Decisions have an extended impact on work processes, outcomes, and customers
- Interacts with internal and/or external leaders, including senior management
- Persuades others into agreement in sensitive situations while maintaining positive relationships
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.