What Nuclear & Precision Health Solutions contributes to Cardinal Health
Cardinal Health's pharmaceutical segment operates the world's largest network of nuclear pharmacies and is expanding its positron emission tomography (PET) agent manufacturing capabilities. For over a quarter of a century, the Nuclear & Precision Health Solutions (NPHS) business of Cardinal Health has set the standard for the radiopharmaceutical industry. This business is responsible for manufacturing, dispensing and delivering products that aid in the early diagnosis and treatment of disease. NPHS, whose network of over 150 pharmacies fills 65% of radiopharmaceutical unit doses nationwide, has consistently demonstrated leadership through innovation and a commitment to excellence. Because of this commitment, our customers and their patients benefit from the latest, safest, most efficient methods of dispensing radiopharmaceuticals.
The territory covers the following pharmacy markets:
Pacific Northwest - Portland area and Seattle area
The position is responsible for managing Cardinal’s Nuclear Pharmacy. He or she will manage direct sales to promote Cardinal Health’s NPS solutions to achieve their revenue plan and objectives. Within the assigned accounts, the Region Area Manager is responsible for developing the NPS business and building relationships with all executive stakeholders, identifying and managing key opinion leaders, growing NPS top line revenue to meet or exceed budget and profit plan expectations while ensuring appropriate after sales support.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Meet or exceed the annual revenue goals in the assigned accounts by developing and executing against account specific business plans, strategies and knowledge of business drivers for customers.
- Demonstrate ownership and accountability in the coordination and deployment of all Cardinal NPS resources in accordance with the business plan to achieve financial and strategic objectives.
- Acts as project manager to drive sales and marketing activities with customers in the form of, but not limited to, technical education and training, collaborative customer meetings, sales and marketing collateral utilization, outreach opportunities, and research and study opportunities.
- Responsible for the promotion, pricing, and positioning of Cardinal NPS portfolio.
- Lead the development of key stakeholder relationships, scientific and executive, that enhance the overall value for our customers to conduct business with Cardinal Health that enables profitable growth.
- Lead and direct the development and implementation of specific strategies and tactics that achieve overall annual revenue growth and profit objectives.
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years’ experience in medical device, diagnostics, medical imaging, or other devices.
- Proven track record with an ability to “hunt” for business and close a deal while managing a large territory.
- Experience with longer sales cycle
- Strong P&L and costing knowledge.
- Ability to communicate at all levels within the organization.
- Polished presentation skills.
- Team player with ability to collaborate with Nuclear operations and strategize about customer targets.
- Experience creating business plans and executing.
- Previous experience with Salesforce, preferred.
- Ability to travel 80% of work week
- Field based sales role - Tuesday to Friday (Monday office day).
- Valid driver's license.
- Proven product knowledge in NPS business area is a “plus”.
- Demonstrated customer focus with a proven track record of delivering solutions and results of reciprocal value.
- Proven interpersonal and presentation skills for building both internal and external relationships.
- Proven ability to develop and deliver business plans, reports and presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively present new business prospects, concepts, recommendations, and solutions to senior management.
- Superior execution abilities, motivated self-starter with a keen ability to deliver what needs to be done to meet objectives, prioritize and plan work, delegate appropriately, establish and achieve goals, objectives, and timelines.
- Demonstrated innovation; original thinking and creativity; meet challenges with resourcefulness; and project a positive attitude that influences others.
- Strategic thinking; create and execute a strategy with the ability to adjust plans in mid-course when necessary.
- Demonstrated expertise with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and sales force automation.
- Ability to forge high level relationships within customer networks.
- Demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects. Key skill sets required include communicating for results, project management, negotiation expertise, analytical skills, leadership, and results-driven behavior.
- Excellent leadership and strong management skills. Ability to interface with a wide range of individuals to solve problems and implement solutions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial/business principles/profitability.
- Ability to adhere to high ethical standards, possess the ability to excel in a highly competitive environment, demonstrate process and customer orientation, and be results driven.
- Direct sales experience – overcoming objections, leveraging relationships and resources, developing and executing account- and territory-specific sales strategies.
- Experience developing and executing market-leading offensive strategies and competitive defense strategies.
- Strong communication skills for interaction with internal and external customers. Ability to readily construct succinct communications that are persuasive and effective.
- Demonstrated strength in applying analysis and logic, with ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance of, others in complex situations.
- Consistent demonstration of professionalism, desire to succeed, confidence; in a proactive and self-motivated manner.
- Established track record of leading, without authority, in a way that inspires others and achieves business objectives; proven success as an individual contributor and team member.
Portland Metro Area, Seattle Metro Area
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.