With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
This role manages a regional (Americas) portfolio from two key Global Categories and is responsible for the development and execution across CSL Behring and Seqirus (the entire CSL Group) for the allocated categories and region to ensure best value for CSL while managing risk and maintaining compliance in sourcing practices.
This role will lead and/or support global sourcing or bid activities, lead regional sourcing projects and activities and building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders internal to CSL Group and within key regional vendors.
Develop Plans aligned to CSL Global and Procurement Strategy
- Develop and implement annual action plans for regional vendors based on the Global Category Strategy and regional business needs to ensure clear objectives and action plans resulting in the reduction of the total cost of ownership and risk, while increasing innovation, customer service, compliance and quality.
Establish and Maintain Effective Category Management and Bid Management
- Drive value from the regional category(s) by defining and implementing effective category management strategies; establishing and managing Councils for business-critical commodities aligned with the evolving business requirements and are effectively leading key sourcing activities, including negotiations, that to deliver lower cost of ownership, lower risk, higher quality and better supply performance.
- Lead negotiations with Regional suppliers and provide advice and coaching to local sourcing roles as required.
- Conduct business with integrity, in accordance with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations and anti-bribery requirements and supports diversity and inclusion by promoting utilisation of small, disadvantaged and/or diverse suppliers.
Supplier Relationship Management (SRM)
- Manage SRM processes with suppliers within the category as per supplier segmentation, including risk management strategies in accordance with global policies, to enhance relationships and innovations with critical suppliers with a focus on assurance of supply, quality, service, continuous improvement, and innovation while minimizing costs for CSL and develop processes to measure value above and beyond savings in line with CSL’s values and Procurement strategy.
- Implement Global procedures to ensure execution of sourcing activities in compliance with CSL Sourcing Policy, Code of Responsible Business Practices, and all other compliance standards.
Supply Performance Management, including management of Key Performance Indicators
- Responsible for monitoring Supply Performance KPIs and conducting regular Operational Reviews as per Procurement’s Governance processes with supporting analysis and reporting from the Centre of Excellence and ensuring any Category Management roles within the team also review and manage Supplier performance to meet agreed standards.
- Leverage value from supplier relationships to create value beyond the contract
- Implement risk mitigation strategies to protect the on-going interests of CSL and our reputation
- Lead, motivate and develop employees within the Procurement organisation including effective long-term talent development, succession planning and performance managing with a focus on supporting employees to meet or exceed performance expectations while demonstrating CSL Values.
Manage Key Internal and External Stakeholders and Partners Relationships
- Build and maintain effective professional relationships with senior, internal stakeholders and senior external executives within large vendors to deliver upon Procurement’s objectives by ongoing discussions and participation in formal teams and groups with senior leaders in CSL and external vendors to manage supplier performance, issues, procurement improvement initiatives and other broader business issues.
- Lead and participate in global transformation projects and continuous improvement initiatives as required to ensure the delivery of targeted benefits.
- Lead annual opportunity analysis forums with cross functional stakeholders and key supplier partners to replenish idea and initiative pipeline to continually generate value to the business and reduction of Cost of Goods Sold.
Bachelor’s degree in Procurement / Supply Chain Management preferred or related field
Post graduate business degree, MBA highly regarded
Minimum 12 years’ experience in strategic sourcing or relevant experience
Minimum 2 years senior leadership experience, preferably of a global team
Relevant graduate degree highly desirable
Understanding of the pharmaceutical industry or related industry preferred but not essential