Regional Director Hospital Sales Executive – RD15
Location(s): Pacific North West/Utah/Alaska
The Regional Director of Hospital Sales Executive (HSE) is Accountable for developing and executing a territory and account strategies to improve Cardinal Health’s profitability. Responsible for growth in distribution, Cardinal Health Brand Categories (Incontinence, Exam Gloves, Infection Control, Wound Care, and Fluid Management), Performance Plus partnerships and services portfolio at assigned hospitals and regional health systems. The Hospital Sales Executive is accountable for developing and executing an account strategy to grow Cardinal’s distribution, product line selling and service portfolio at assigned hospitals and regional health systems. This Director will manage a number of HSE reps, relationships with key distribution and product purchasing influencers. This is a highly visible position that reports directly to the Region Vice President.
- Leader of a cross-functional account plans with other sales divisions to drive growth in assigned accounts and achieve profitability goals
- Communicate and drive implementation of account plan across all sales reps within assigned accounts
- Identify opportunities for specialty product and service reps within assigned accounts
- Call on hospitals within assigned territory, including cold-calling hospitals which are not current customers, to make sales presentations to multiple decision-makers to drive product and distribution sales
- Prepare bids, price quotes, RFP responses, and presentations for distribution services as well as products sold exclusively by the Hospital Sales Executive
- Lead conversion of newly sold assigned products
- Maintain relationships with purchasers of current products to preserve existing business
- Determine customer distribution requirements for potential new distribution customers through initial due diligence and relationships with distribution purchasers
- Provide distribution solutions by determining enhancements and alternatives for both internal and external distribution through onsite consultation and preparation of business reviews and studies
- Assist local branches with setup, training and processing of initial orders
- Establish and nurture client relationships by developing strong relationships with key decision makers
- Ensure resolution of distribution service issues by members of the customer service team
RESPONSIBILITIES and ACCOUNTABILITIES
The Regional Director of Sales – Hospital Sales Executive will lead a team of 7-10 direct reports.
- Responsible for driving growth of Cardinal Product growth inside and outside of channel, Distribution Management and Services portfolio, and Performance Plus, with portfolio stakeholders.
- Responsible for driving sales for Exclusive Product line selling Incontinence, Exam Gloves, Infection Control, Wound Care, Fluid Management to the Acute Care marketplace inside and outside of channel in the assigned region, as well as increasing business within existing accounts. Works collaboratively with marketing and enterprise contracting on regional prime account opportunities.
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of Cardinal Health and customer industry, including: key competitors, terminology, technology, trends, challenges, reimbursement and government regulation; demonstrates advanced knowledge of how Cardinal Health offerings impact customers
- Work directly with HSE reps that are responsible for territories to implement priorities, programs and focus growth of Category Management.
- Strong focus on sales, account planning discipline and process, continuous improvement and strategic development of business model.
- Fosters and supports a culture of effective teamwork, accountability and development.
- Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of customer's successes, challenges, and strategic objectives; draws from experience and significant financial acumen to recognize and provide advice regarding potential opportunities and risks
- Proactively seeks out and fosters strategic partnerships with key influencers at multiple levels in the client organization and within Cardinal Health; takes swift and decisive action to address any concerns or obstacles
- Works collaboratively to leverage capabilities of cross functional business partners including marketing, manufacturing, compliance, quality, and legal
- Leverages expertise and broad knowledge of multiple business units/partners to execute the Solutions Sales Process; guides efforts and coordinates Cardinal Health resources to creatively integrate and position collaborative solutions cross-system and cross-functionally to provide maximum value to customers and Cardinal Health; shares value message with executive sponsor(s) to attain agreement
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 6-10 years healthcare sales experience required
- Proven leadership capabilities, including ability to manage diverse personalities/skill sets in a changing environment
- Excellent planning, forecasting, negotiation and presentation skills
- Experience working in a hospital setting or clinical setting
- Distribution Sales Experience
- Medical Device industry experience preferred
- Talent Management of sales reps
- Ensure competency of direct sales representatives, including skills in solution selling as well as sufficient product-specific knowledge
- Assist direct reports sales representatives in prioritizing opportunities in their territories in the context of the overall account-level objectives across Cardinal Health
- Key account development with experience accessing and developing relationships with key hospital decision-makers and influencers
- Valid Driver's License
- Ability to drive a car and travel in that car each day to interact with healthcare providers on-site
- Ability to travel 50% of time
Portland Metro Area, Seattle Metro Area, Tacoma Metro Area
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.