Sinclair is seeking a Regional Human Resources Manager for multiple locations to provide direct support and guidance on various HR matters by working closely with local HR representatives, supervisory/management staff and Corporate HR management. The home location for this position will be at our TV station in Fresno, CA. Enthusiasm, great communication and attention to detail are must-have attributes for this position. Visits to other TV stations including some overnight travel will be required.
Duties and responsibilities will be based on providing support to multiple operations in all functional areas of HR, including but not limited to the following:
- Assisting the best employees in broadcasting
- Developing and maintaining a deep understanding of our people, our work and our culture
- Managing HR operations within a region and functioning as an on-site HR representative
- Coaching and advising management on issues such as employee performance and development, addressing employee concerns, and disciplinary actions
- Investigating complaints
- Addressing and resolving HR matters
- Ensuring compliance with federal and state employment regulations, including FMLA, FLSA, ADAA, EEO and California
- Maintain a working knowledge and understanding of multiple HR related systems, including Oracle Cloud HRIS.
- Labor relations
- Interpretation and application of policies and procedures
- Administration of leave
- Providing guidance on recruitment and hiring
- Managing onboarding process and conducting new hire orientation
- Providing guidance to employees on benefit programs
- Conducting employee exit processes, including exit interviews
- Safety and workers compensation
- Electronic Personnel recordkeeping
- Conducting field visits and HR audits
- Following through with and executing Corporate HR assignments and initiatives
- A bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related program of study
- 7+ years of HR generalist experience in a hands-on, fast paced environment
- Broadcast or related media and labor relations experience is preferred
- Strong problem-solving skills
- The ability to work independently
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Solid experience with Microsoft Office is expected
- Previous HRIS experience, Oracle HRIS experience is a plus
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. Also, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, our own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open-door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.