Regional Materials and Supply Chain Data Analyst
Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
You will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. As a Regional Materials Data Analyst with our East Region, you will have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
As a Regional Materials Data Analyst to the East Region, you will lead regional supply expense optimization, and manage the productivity funnel through analytics and insights.
Job Accountabilities (Duties and Responsibilities)
• Interface regularly with laboratory leadership to develop and implement replenishment strategies across region to establish proper inventory levels, safety stock levels, replenishment frequency, minimize supply disruption risk and the coordinate product/items transitions.
• Work with Finance on revenue forecasting and budgets based on reporting and trends ; Monitor expenses and measure budget to actual spending
• Process, analyze, and visualize data, as well as present insights to management on supply management expenses
• Ensure that all costs in the ERP System are updated, and assist with cost verification or revaluation Operations
• Proficiency with manipulating large data-sets, data analysis and modeling software (R, Spark, Python, etc.).
• Ability to define the problem under ambiguous business considerations, gather the appropriate data, develop the models and deliver appropriate recommendations at the speed of business.
• Define and conduct experiments/ scenarios to validate or reject hypothesis and inform appropriate recommendations to stakeholders.
• Develops and monitors supply metrics for region including supply utilization, supply cost and stock-outs.
• Identify and leads supply improvement opportunities focusing on inventory reduction, supply consumption, item standardization and ordering efficiency
• Oversee physical inventory process for region/laboratory, including cycle counts as needed to maintain database integrity and assure inventory accuracy.
• Identify and analyze the operational impact of "slow-moving" and obsolete inventory items ; Create and present detailed analysis of inventory utilization
• Analyze data to aid in implementing a structured process for managing short-dated inventory to limit product expiration
BA/BS degree, Supply Chain Management, Finance, Industrial Engineering, etc. or equivalent.
• 3+ years of experience in Materials, Warehousing, Purchasing, Supply Chain Management, Finance or Operations
• Experience interfacing virtual work teams
• Strong working knowledge of Supply Chain and Inventory Management principles
• Understanding of Lean Principles (preferred)
• Strong Communication skills
• Problem solving skills
• Strong Analytical Skills
• Proficient with Excel, Power BI, Machine Learning and able to manipulate complex data sets
• Experience with ERP and Inventory Management Systems