Regional Sales Manager - Energy Industry, West
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
You will drive the sales performance of Energy Solutions in Process Automation Energy Industries (PAEN), participating in sales strategy discussions, assigning goals and negotiating sales budgets and marketing plans.
Reporting to the Vice President of Sales, you will lead the sales organization for the ABB Energy which consists of Power & Water, Chemicals and Refining, and Oil & Gas. You will drive sales for ABB’s automation, electrical and telecommunications systems and services in the west region of the United States. This role serves as a business driver overseeing all sales activities relating to the installed base automation, electrical and telecommunications service business and also the non installed base new control, electrical, and telecommunication systems business. The role will have direct and indirect sales resources reporting in to address the various customer segments (end user plant sites, end user corporate centers, developers, Electronic Product Codes (EPCs) and engineering firms).
**** This role is a work remote job opportunity***
- The role directly manages a team of account managers and is accountable to meet or exceed sales targets for the Western United States (US) region. Sales goals include growth of installed base Service Business as well as growth of the non installed base New Systems Business.
- Develop customer loyalty through customer focus and service. Bring to market new digital solutions and services that solve customer problems and improve plant processes and operational productivity. Build customer relations at high levels across the region and participate in negotiations of key pursuits, also develop territory alignments and account assignments that produce the most cost effective method to saturate target accounts with best in class sales coverage Implement metrics to monitor sales performance and forecasting accuracy and hold the sales team accountable to deliver on targets.
- Set selling strategies and standards and participate in the development of account/business plans with direct reports that drive relationship building and opportunity identification. Periodically review the approved plans with direct reports for execution and participate in the development of Capture Strategies with direct reports on high profile project opportunities. Provide coaching to sales account managers on sales practices that leverage ABB solutions and promote the ABB brand.
- Conduct monthly forecast reviews across the region of assigned accounts with direct and indirect reports to ensure accuracy. Conduct monthly sales meetings to review market conditions, process improvement opportunities and team objectives with direct reports. Ensure accuracy of data reporting and forecasting into the sales tools (SFDC) and monitor progress to track visits, opportunities and monthly targets
- Review proposals and ensure development of project risk review presentations by the Sales Account Managers prior to submittal.
- Attend and support the Business Units successful participation in trade shows such as PowerGen, International Supply Frame Agreement (ISA), ABB Customer World, Relevant User’s Groups and Petroleum and Chemical Industry Committee (PCIC).
- Support proper roll out of new strategies, products and solutions in the Business Unit (BU) including assessment of new markets and channels to market, and support potential Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) targets and provide input for strategic interesting targets to complement and enhance actual business. As a leader, identify and hire quality sales candidates.
- Bachelors Degree, preferably in Engineering or Business, and minimum 5 years' experience in the field of sales, automation, people management, OR 16 years' experience in the field of sales, automation, people management.
- Open to travel about 25 to 50%.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the USA.
- Preferred Qualification: experience in management or leadership experience preferred. An understanding of the automation and electrical solutions market including knowledge of the competition and what customers desire from an automation and electrical systems vendor supplying state of the art technology and project engineering services
- Practical understanding of the US Utility markets for power generation and water industries, including regulatory pressures and market conditions is preferred.
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB Energy Industries is enabling safe, smart and sustainable projects and operations for businesses across the oil, gas, chemicals, life sciences, power generation and water sectors. Driving integrated solutions that automate, digitalize and electrify industry we connect our people and technology to help our customers adapt and succeed. With over 50 years domain expertise, we continue to innovate and reshape traditional approaches across the energy sector with our technologies designed to improve operational efficiency, reduce risk, reduce energy consumption and waste.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB.
ABB in the United States requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or in specific and limited circumstances, be approved for a sincerely held religious belief or a medical/disability accommodation.
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.