Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Motion is a pioneering technology leader, driving innovation in motion industries. We keep the world turning while saving energy every day. Our motors and drives are an integral part of everyone's lives, writing the future of smart motion.
For our Marketing, Sales, and Product Management team, understanding the full potential of our technology and the trends in our markets is highly rewarding. In addition, helping customers all over the world improve efficiency, save resources, and reduce emissions gives our work a powerful sense of purpose.
The role reports to the OEM Account Manager Low Voltage Drives and located in Richmond, Virginia. As a Regional Account Manager, you will be responsible for works to grow ABB’s local market share through attracting new customers and by increasing the spending of existing customers. This role is one that is both challenging and rewarding, giving the successful candidate an opportunity to focus on account management and business strategy while working in a teaming environment.
- Sales Drive – seek short-term and long-term opportunities to increase sales within the area of responsibility and systematically identify and follow-up on business opportunities.
- Persist to find solutions in difficult situations and keep self and others focused on key tasks and activities.
- Share best and worst practices to drive for improvements and meet or exceed assigned sales budget in assigned territory.
- Customer Relations–establish relationships with key stakeholders within customer organizations.
- Take personal responsibility for customer issues /complaints and ensure timely follow-through.
- Sales Networking – continually increase network inside and outside ABB and support trade shows and industry associations as required.
- Support Global Account Managers and Strategic Account Managers in sales efforts and work closely with a diverse front-end sales & channel team.
- Sales Process and Related Tools – Use of CRM to track, metric, report, communicate, and forecast selling activities.
- Support others on the job by sharing tools and process best practices and responsible for channel partner's account planning.
- Implement short- and long-term business plans and actions with the market and business intelligence - Use market analysis to anticipate and address customer and market needs.
- Contract and Risk Management – Deal with deviations in standard terms and conditions and participate in the assessment of business risks.
- Recognize potential risk factors in correspondence prior to a transaction and take required actions to mitigate risk and identify and communicate market trends within the area of responsibility.
- Negotiating and making offers in accordance with company procedures. Ensure compliance with all safety and work rules and regulations.
- Sales Techniques – Work with different viewpoints (customers, markets, partners, competitors…) when creating a solution/sales approach, apply and follow the customer-centric Sales Process.
- Service – Align ABB service portfolio with customer’s business objectives and achieve service sales orders target, apply technical knowledge – work with OEMs, channel partners, and end-users to explore exposed and unexposed operational needs and expectations.
- Analyze functional interdependencies and opportunities to recommend unique solutions that meet customer needs.
- High School Diploma, or GED and 12 years' experience in sales, support sales, engineering, automation, drives industry OR
- Associate degree with 10 years' experience in sales, support sales, engineering, automation, drives industry OR
- Bachelors' degree with 8 years' experience in sales, support sales, engineering, automation, drives the industry.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the USA.
- Strong skills in Excel, PowerPoint, and Microsoft office platform.
- Extensive understanding of the industrial sales market with a deep understanding of sales processes and the ability to apply sales tools in a variety of situations.
- Experience with Salesforce, ACT (Application Configuration Too), or similar and ability to apply an understanding of contracts and risk management.
- Account management experience with OEMs, End Users, and Industrial Distributors and open to travel about 40%.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.