Regional Sales Manager - Western Region
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
The Regional Sales Manager is a sales leader for the ABB / Large Motor business. The successful candidate will manage the assigned region for the company to drive growth initiatives working in conjunction with a group of sales professionals. The position requires excellent communications skills, C-Level selling skills, sales leadership, and management abilities. The Regional Sales Manager acts as a conduit to senior management to communicate critical issues of our customers. This position also acts as the key sales decision-maker for internal and external customers.
Reporting to the Sales Manager.
- Creates, plans, execute sales strategy and business development initiatives within the region aligned with BL/ PG sales strategy.
- Achieve sales targets in respect of both budgets and sales efficiency within segment and application domain expertise.
- Establishes sales targets and ensures sales achievement through regular oversight, definition, and implementation of improvement plans as needed.
- Identify and create business opportunities utilizing SFDC (SalesForce) and other tools.
- Build and maintain customer relationships with key regional customers.
- Follow up ABB’s performance in fulfilling their needs and initiate development actions as necessary.
- Participate in and developing regional and account plans to meet business and customer needs.
- Participate in budgeting, marketing, and sales process development.
- Basic Qualifications:
- High School AND 12 years relevant experience within the industrial business environment including sales.
- Associates Degree AND 10 years relevant experience within the industrial business environment including sales & marketing.
- Bachelors Degree AND 8 years relevant experience within the industrial business environment including sales & marketing.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Ability to manage multiple projects to strict deadlines.
- Ability to influence at all levels.
- Excellent negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Strong computer skills; SalesForce CRM, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Configurators.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in United States.
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB Robotics & Discrete Automation is a pioneer in robotics, machine automation and digital services, providing innovative solutions for a diverse range of industries, from automotive to electronics to logistics. As one of the world’s leading robotics and machine automation suppliers, we have shipped over 500,000 robot solutions. We help our customers of all sizes to increase productivity, flexibility and simplicity and to improve output quality. We support their transition towards the connected and collaborative factory of the future. ABB Robotics & Discrete Automation employs more than 11,000 people at over 100 locations in more than 53 countries. www.abb.com/robotics.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.