Since time began, the earth’s been a generous contributor to people’s well-being. We haven’t been around quite that long, but The Nature’s Bounty Co. has been enriching lives of consumers around the world for more than 70 years. And before we even got started, the world was developing our motivation: Nature’s bountiful effects on people’s health.
Through our years, we’ve been a leader in health and wellness with our innovative products and solutions. We put science and the highest quality standards at the heart of our business—that’s why The Nature’s Bounty Co. brands are some of the most trusted in the world. We’re a leading global manufacturer, marketer, distributor and retailer of vitamins, nutritional supplements, sports & active nutrition, and ethical beauty products.
We’re also a great place to work, with excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture. If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Nature’s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all its forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
The Manager, Customer Development, is responsible for the functional management, leadership and execution of all sales related activities for the assigned Customers within the channel’s region. The individual will support the team with The Nature’s Bounty Co. systems (TIM) and with customers systems (ie: MPULSE, pricing system, etc.). This is a remote role and can be based in Chicago, Michigan, Wisconsin or Missouri.
- Deliver target Budget plan and new product distribution goals.
- Execute our brand and category growth strategy that align with the customer.
- Identify new opportunities for growth; develop and implement strategic sales plans in accordance with corporate goals.
- Maintain clear understanding of customer objectives, and liaise with RVP to develop operational plans to manage execution and measure results.
- Relationship management with account cross functional areas, Corporate and divisions.
- Ongoing meetings and access to DMM’s and VP of merchandising.
- Foster and grow existing and new relationships within account, gaining a deep understanding of current and potential future needs of our customers.
- Educate our business partners on our products, retail goals, and measurement of success.
- Deliver customer presentations that show innovation, shelf positioning, promotions, communicate pricing, etc.
- Manage daily business in partnership with customers, including: UPC product/item setup, maintenance, logistics and inventory management.
- Sell-in new products and all promotions to qualified retailers; ensure full-line distribution of products (new & existing items).
- Work with customers to implement Retail initiatives and monitor Retail standards.
- Ongoing contract management that focuses on strategic alignment and designed to strengthen both the customer and NBCo. market position.
- Work with assigned broker to insure plan and retail execution, deduction management, and retailer engagement is within our assigned goals.
- Work with assigned broker to insure deduction management is within our assigned goals.
- Responsible for working with agencies to input Trade Investment Management (TIM): system input, trade fund management, direct sales forecasting and projection activities for the company.
- Manage Trade budget and monitor spending efficiency that focus on a strong ROI.
- Monthly reporting, sales analytics and insights; understand go-to-market strategy and how to maximize sales efficiency.
- Perform other duties as required.
- P&L management within respective account coverage.