- Works in a team effort to prospect, acquire, onboard and expand profitable relationships with agencies in assigned territory.
- Conducts assessments of targeted agency’s issues and needs using Marsh Consultative Sales skills
- Provides consistent and high-quality training to agency partners in assigned territory
- Understands and effectively communicates carrier appetites and underwriting guidelines to agencies in assigned territory, and provides feedback from field to Dovetail and carriers
- Oversees the creation and delivery of proposals to prospects
- Commits the time and resources required to build presence and credibility in assigned industry segments. Includes active participation in industry associations and centers of influence and engaging applicable Marsh industry group(s)
- Support Dovetail’s sales and marketing strategies in assigned territory, including representing the company at required meetings and conventions
- Completes and executes the assigned business plan, including financial and non-financial goals that result in profitable growth in compliance with Marsh standards
- Monitors, analyzes and reports on sales and marketing activity against assigned goals
- Provides required Salesforce data in a timely, accurate and complete manner, for use in management reporting and sales analysis.
- Coordinates with internal operational departments to ensure service levels meet or exceed agency expectations and protect the firm from Errors and Omissions (E&O).
- Attends regularly and actively participates in scheduled sales and growth meetings, seminars and events.
- Participates in sales training and related professional development courses to enhance sales and relationship management skills.
- Provides competitive intelligence on assigned territory
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Business Administration, Marketing, Risk Management or related field .
- 3+ years of experience in sales, marketing, customer service or insurance required
- Demonstrated experience in executing a sales strategy
- Experience in planning and executing marketing strategies and promotions
- Experience in the insurance or financial services industries would be an asset
Knowledge and skills:
- Ability to work independently and within a dispersed team environment
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office and Salesforce
- Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule and travel
- Appropriate insurance license required within first 90 days of employment
- Travel up to 40%
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.