Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices PenFed Realty (PenFed Realty), a wholly owned subsidiary of PenFed Credit Union (PenFed), is hiring a Regional Vice President, PenFed Realty in Washington, DC. The incumbent has management responsibility for a region of branch offices of PFR, a wholly owned residential real estate brokerage subsidiary of PenFed. Functional areas include the implementation of marketing & business development strategies; recruiting, training & oversight of branch office managers, independent contractor real estate agents and staff; compliance with REB regulations; management of branch office real estate transactions & escrow responsibilities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Manages above functions to ensure their efficient and cost effective operation by implementing the necessary systems, programs, policies and procedures.
- Develops business goals and strategies necessary in order to meet objectives set by the PFR Board of Managers and PenFed Board of Directors.
- Provides training to independent contractor real estate agents in all areas of residential brokerage including sales & marketing, finance, agency, listings, contracts, ethics and governmental regulations.
- Creates value propositions for PFR and works with PenFed marketing staff to design & implement effective marketing & business development strategies.
- Recruits independent contractor real estate agents to affiliate with PFR and develops programs designed to retain said agents.
- Acts as liaison with clients of PFR with regard to lead generation, transaction management and conflict resolution. Assists independent contractor real estate agents in obtaining client listings and contracts.
- Ensures PFR transactions are compliant with REB regulations. Review & maintenance of PFR transaction files & forms.
- Conducts Business Development & Sales Training for PFR agents.
- Works with PenFed to develop marketing & business development strategies to increase mortgage & title capture rates among PenFed member home buyers.
- Manages PFR branch office transaction pipeline, troubleshoots problematic files and negotiates workouts with third party real estate brokerage firms.
- Represents PFR’s best financial interests within the scope of responsibilities.
- Keeps informed of industry developments through publications, professional organizations and networking contact with other real estate brokerages.
- Reviews competitive market practices and makes recommendations concerning adjustments to programs in related areas.
- Assists with maintaining PenFed’s compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and ordinances by abiding by PenFed compliance program and all policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- B.S. degree in a related field or combination of education and experience that provides a level of skill and knowledge necessary to satisfactorily perform the essential job functions.
- 7-10 years progressively responsible experience in residential real estate brokerage with additional representative skills in residential lending and residential settlement procedures.
This position will directly supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
- State Association of Realtors
- Local Association of Realtors
- National Association of Realtors
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Limited travel to various worksites is required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.