Enjoy your nursing career on a 27 bed medical respiratory unit caring for a diverse adult and geriatric cardiac population. Nurse to patient ratios are 5/6:1. The Registered Nurse utilizes the nursing process to insure delivery of quality nursing care. The nurse coordinates and implements quality patient care through an interdisciplinary team while utilizing knowledge of disease process and physical assessment. Be a part of our talented team of nurses practicing within our dynamic, advanced and highly technical patient care areas. Benefit from a diverse experience which offers a Career Advancement Program, training to new specialties and abundant opportunities. Enjoy flexible scheduling, tuition assistance/reimbursement, generous benefits and competitive compensation.
Don’t delay. Apply today to qualify for a generous sign-on bonus!
For a limited time only, Reading Hospital will be offering an RN Sign-On Bonus, $10,000 total payout, for new hires in select areas. To qualify, you must have at least 18 months of RN work experience and start on or before 3/30/2020.
Why Reading Hospital?
- 2020 America’s 100 Best Hospitals
- Reading Hospital in the top 2 percent of nearly 4,500 hospitals nationwide for its consistent, year-over-year superior clinical performance
- Five-Star Ranking, 2019 – one of only 11 hospitals in the state to do so!
- US News & World Report: 6th best hospital in PA
Comprehensive benefits to include earned time off, enhanced tuition assistance, retirement savings with employer match and so much more!
- Evaluates assigned patients and plans, implements and documents nursing care.
- Assists physicians during examinations and procedures.
- Performs various patient tests and administers medications within the scope of practice of the registered nurse.
- Promotes patients' independence by establishing patient care goals and teaching patients and families to understand conditions, medications, and self-care skills.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Current Pennsylvania RN licensure
- Current BLS Certification
- Previous RN experience, preferred