An exciting and rewarding nursing career awaits you in our 21 bed Surgical Intensive Care Unit. The Reading Hospital is a Level II Trauma Center and has a rapidly expanding Cardiothoracic and Neurosurgical Programs. Experience working with a variety of different, complex patient populations including surgical trauma patients, cardiothoracic, neurosurgical, and general surgical patients. Become a part of our team of talented nurses practicing within a dynamic, patient centered, highly technical patient care area. Nurses within our Surgical ICU are an integral part of the multidisciplinary team and ensure the delivery of quality, nursing care. Benefit from our Shared Governance, Career Advancement Program, and our extensive, specialty education. Enjoy flexible scheduling, tuition reimbursement, generous benefits and pay.
Why Reading Hospital?
- Level I Trauma Center
- Emergency Nurses Association 2018 Lantern Award
- MICU: Silver Beacon Award for Excellence by The American Association of Critical-Care Nurses
- Healthgrades: America's 100 Best Hospitals Award™ (2017-2019)
- Five-Star Ranking, 2019 – one of only 11 hospitals in the state to do so!
- US News & World Report: 6th best hospital in PA
Comprehensive benefits to include earned time off, enhanced tuition assistance, retirement savings with employer match and so much more!
- Evaluates assigned patients and plans, implements and documents nursing care.
- Assists physicians during examinations and procedures.
- Performs various patient tests and administers medications within the scope of practice of the registered nurse.
- Promotes patients' independence by establishing patient care goals and teaching patients and families to understand conditions, medications, and self-care skills.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department.
- An Associate Degree from an accredited school of Nursing
- Current Pennsylvania RN licensure
- Current BLS Certification
- Previous RN experience, preferred