Enjoy your nursing career on a 32-bed cardiac progressive care unit caring for a diverse patient population who require medical telemetry for diagnoses such as unstable angina, CHF, or MI. N2S provides care to adult and geriatric patients with CHF, pulmonary hypertension, arythmias, pacemakers and ICD's. The Registered Nurse utilizes the nursing process to insure delivery of quality nursing care. The nurse coordinates and implements quality patient care through an interdisciplinary team while utilizing knowledge of disease process and physical assessment. Be a part of our talented team of nurses practicing within our dynamic, advanced and highly technical patient care areas. Benefit from a diverse experience, which offers a Career Advancement Program and abundant opportunities. Enjoy self / flexible scheduling, educational assistance, and generous salary and benefits.
This position is scheduled for weekends only. The position is benefit eligible and you would be awarded 4 weekends off per year. You would receive an incentive on top of your base rate for working the weekend shifts.
Don’t delay. Apply today to qualify for a generous sign-on bonus!
For a limited time only, Reading Hospital will be offering an RN Sign-On Bonus, $10,000 total payout, for new hires in select areas. To qualify, you must have at least 18 months of RN work experience and start on or before 9/30/19.
Why Reading Hospital?
- Level I Trauma Center
- Emergency Nurses Association 2018 Lantern Award
- MICU: Silver Beacon Award for Excellence by The American Association of Critical-Care Nurses
- Healthgrades: America's 100 Best Hospitals Award™ (2017-2019)
- Five-Star Ranking, 2019 – one of only 11 hospitals in the state to do so!
- US News & World Report: 6th best hospital in PA
Comprehensive benefits to include earned time off, enhanced tuition assistance, retirement savings with employer match and so much more!
- Evaluates assigned patients and plans, implements and documents nursing care.
- Assists physicians during examinations and procedures.
- Performs various patient tests and administers medications within the scope of practice of the registered nurse.
- Promotes patients' independence by establishing patient care goals and teaching patients and families to understand conditions, medications, and self-care skills.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department.
- An Associate Degree from an accredited school of Nursing
- Current Pennsylvania RN licensure
- Current BLS Certification
- Previous RN experience, preferred