Enjoy your nursing career on a 30-bed Neurological Stroke (T2) unit that provides care to stroke adult, non-trauma craniotomy, medical patients. Be a part of our talented team of nurses practicing within our dynamic, advanced and highly technical patient care areas. Benefit from a diverse experience which offers a Career Advancement Program, training to new specialties and abundant opportunities.
Why Reading Hospital?
- Level I Trauma Center
- Emergency Nurses Association 2018 Lantern Award
- MICU: Silver Beacon Award for Excellence by The American Association of Critical-Care Nurses
- Healthgrades: America's 100 Best Hospitals Award™ (2017-2019)
- Five-Star Ranking, 2019 – one of only 11 hospitals in the state to do so!
- US News & World Report: 6th best hospital in PA
Comprehensive benefits to include earned time off, enhanced tuition assistance, retirement savings with employer match and so much more!
- Evaluates assigned patients and plans, implements and documents nursing care.
- Assists physicians during examinations and procedures.
- Performs various patient tests and administers medications within the scope of practice of the registered nurse.
- Promotes patients' independence by establishing patient care goals and teaching patients and families to understand conditions, medications, and self-care skills.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department.
- An Associate Degree from an accredited school of Nursing
- Current Pennsylvania RN licensure
- Current BLS Certification
- Previous RN experience, preferred