About the Department:
Join our Tower Select Team, which provides staffing resources to the Emergency and Observation Department. Our relationship-based care model creates a healing environment for patients, families, nurses and colleagues alike.
As a member of Tower Select, your base pay rate is based on your years of nursing experience plus a $7/hr premium pay. Additional shift and weekend differentials are added where applicable.
Our RNs are eligible for a generous educational assistance program, on-site certification prep courses, up-front certification exam coverage and a financially incentivized career advancement program.
Why Reading Hospital?
- Magnet Designated
- Level I Trauma Center
- Emergency Nurses Association 2018 Lantern Award
- MICU: Silver Beacon Award for Excellence by The American Association of Critical-Care Nurses
- Healthgrades: America's 100 Best Hospitals Award™ (2017-2019)
- Five-Star Ranking, 2019 – one of only 11 hospitals in the state to do so!
- US News & World Report: 6th best hospital in PA
- Comprehensive benefits to include earned time off, enhanced tuition assistance, retirement savings with employer match and so much more!
- Evaluates assigned patients and plans, implements and documents nursing care.
- Assists physicians during examinations and procedures.
- Performs various patient tests and administers medications within the scope of practice of the registered nurse.
- Promotes patients' independence by establishing patient care goals and teaching patients and families to understand conditions, medications, and self-care skills.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department.
*Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing (Required)
Certification and Licensure Requirements
*PA Registered Nurse License (Required)
Experience and Skills
*Minimum of 6 months experience as a professional nurse specialized in Emergency Medicine (Strongly preferred)
Required Skills: Excellent Communications Skills, Excellent Interpersonal Skills