The Emergency Room (ER) RN is a staff nurse, who as an experienced clinician provides direct patient care effectively and efficiently to a patient team, which may include patients with varied and complex needs. The ER RN assumes leadership roles with progressive responsibility including but not limited to participating in or leading unit and shared governance initiatives, serving as charge nurse or preceptor to students or new employees, and possibly contributing to service line or hospital wide initiatives.
• Bachelor of Science degree or higher from an accredited School of Nursing
• At least 12 months’ experience required.
• Registered nurse with current Texas license.
• BLS Certification.
At Houston Methodist, nurses develop their skills through a wide range of educational programs, collaborate with physicians to provide the best care and build upon a world-class reputation for excellence in patient care, education and research. We hold ourselves — and the careers we build — to a higher standard. Our growing, inclusive health care system offers:
• Superior practice settings
• High nurse-to-patient ratios
• High safety standards
• Professional development & nursing education
• Meaningful collaboration with physicians
• Unparalleled support
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.