An exciting and rewarding nursing career awaits you in our 30 bed unit specializing in intermediate care of medical, neurosurgical and trauma patients (Level 1 Trauma Center) located within the state of the art HealthPlex. This unit offers a variety of clinical experiences and will be the location for our established ventilator patients and transplants.
Our care team includes close collaboration with physicians, social workers, case management, and pharmacists to provide comprehensive care. The nurse patient ratio is 1:3 and this unit has been the organizational leader in piloting video-monitoring. Experience working with a variety of different, complex patient populations including Trauma, Medical, Neurosurgery, and General Surgery. Become a part of our team of talented nurses practicing within a dynamic, patient centered, highly technical patient care area. Benefit from our Shared Governance, Career Advancement Program, and our extensive, specialty education. Enjoy flexible scheduling, tuition reimbursement, generous benefits and pay.
Why Reading Hospital?
- 2020 America's 100 Best Hospitals
- Reading Hospital also received several other accolades from Healthgrades for 2020, notably our inclusion in the Top 5% in the Nation for Treatment of Stroke 14 Years in a Row, as well as awards for excellence in Cardiac Care, Neurosciences, Pulmonary Care, Gastrointestinal Care, and Critical Care.
- Magnet Status
- Level 1 trauma
- Top 2 percent of nearly 4,500 hospitals nationwide for its consistent, year-over-year superior clinical performance
- Five-Star Ranking, 2019 - one of only 11 hospitals in the state to do so!
- US News & World Report : 6th best hospital in PA
- Vizent Graduate Nurse Residency Program for all new RN grads
Comprehensive benefits to include earned time off, enhanced tuition assistance, retirement savings with employer match and so much more!
For a limited time only, Reading Hospital will be offering a $15,000 RN Bonus!
Minimum 18 months of relevant clinical experience required.
- Evaluates assigned patients and plans, implements and documents nursing care.
- Assists physicians during examinations and procedures.
- Performs various patient tests and administers medications within the scope of practice of the registered nurse.
- Promotes patients' independence by establishing patient care goals and teaching patients and families to understand conditions, medications, and self-care skills.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
6 months-1 year exp needed for weekend positions
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing
Certification and Licensure
- PA Registered Nurse License