Come join our Med/Surg Float Pool, which provides staffing resources to the Medical, Surgical, Psych and Rehab Divisions within the Reading Hospital. You will be able to experience different medical diagnoses along with learning and meeting new people through your experience. As a member of the Med Surg Float Pool, your base pay rate is based on your years of nursing experience plus a $7/hour premium pay. Additional shift and weekend differentials are added where applicable. Our RNs are eligible for a generous educational assistance program, on-site certification prep courses, up-front certification exam coverage and a financially incentivized career advancement program.
Why Reading Hospital?
- 2020 America's 100 Best Hospitals
- Reading Hospital also received several other accolades from Healthgrades for 2020, notably our inclusion in the Top 5% in the Nation for Treatment of Stroke 14 Years in a Row, as well as awards for excellence in Cardiac Care, Neurosciences, Pulmonary Care, Gastrointestinal Care, and Critical Care.
- Magnet Status
- Level 1 trauma
- Top 2 percent of nearly 4,500 hospitals nationwide for its consistent, year-over-year superior clinical performance
- Five-Star Ranking, 2019 - one of only 11 hospitals in the state to do so!
- US News & World Report : 6th best hospital in PA
- Vizent Graduate Nurse Residency Program for all new RN grads
For a limited time only, Reading Hospital will be offering a $10,000 RN Bonus!
Minimum 18 months of relevant clinical experience required.
- Evaluates assigned patients and plans, implements and documents nursing care.
- Assists physicians during examinations and procedures.
- Performs various patient tests and administers medications within the scope of practice of the registered nurse.
- Promotes patients' independence by establishing patient care goals and teaching patients and families to understand conditions, medications, and self-care skills.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing
- Minimum of 12 months of experience as a professional nurse specialized in Medical, Surgical, Psych or Rehab
Certification and Licensure
- PA Registered Nurse Temporary Practice Permit or Registered Nurse License