This is a PRN position.
The Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for rendering professional nursing care across the wellness-illness continuum for the comfort and well-being of healthy retired Sisters and those Sisters in the acute, chronic, and terminal phases of illness. The RN is expected to utilize knowledge of infection control, safety, body mechanics, effective communication skills, interpersonal skills, and age-related differences when providing or delegating care.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- Communication skills -- both verbal and written
- Ability to understand medical records, physician orders and nursing care plans
- Ability to communicate effectively with Sisters, staff and other health care professionals.
- Minimum of one year previous gerontology experience preferred
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Knowledge of psychotropic drugs in current use and drugs commonly used in geriatric practice
- Current RN permits or licensure issued by the Board of Nurse Examiners in the State of Texas to practice nursing.