T he 62 bed Acute Rehabilitation Unit provides acute inpatient medical rehabilitation services to patients with functional impairments as a result of various diagnoses including, stroke, spinal cord injuries, brain injuries, multiple traumas, orthopedic conditions, amputations, and other disabling conditions. Be a part of our talented team of nurses practicing within our dynamic, advanced, and highly technical patient care areas. Benefit from a diverse experience which offers a Career Advancement Program, training to new specialties and abundant opportunities.
Why Reading Hospital?
- 2020 America's 100 Best Hospitals
- Reading Hospital also received several other accolades from Healthgrades for 2020, notably our inclusion in the Top 5% in the Nation for Treatment of Stroke 14 Years in a Row, as well as awards for excellence in Cardiac Care, Neurosciences, Pulmonary Care, Gastrointestinal Care, and Critical Care.
- Magnet Status
- Level 1 trauma
- Top 2 percent of nearly 4,500 hospitals nationwide for its consistent, year-over-year superior clinical performance
- Five-Star Ranking, 2019 - one of only 11 hospitals in the state to do so!
- US News & World Report : 6th best hospital in PA
- Vizient Graduate Nurse Residency Program for all new RN grads
Comprehensive benefits to include earned time off, enhanced tuition assistance, retirement savings with employer match and so much more!
For a limited time only, Reading Hospital will be offering a $10,000 RN Bonus!
Minimum 18 months of relevant clinical experience required.
- Evaluates assigned patients and plans, implements and documents nursing care.
- Assists physicians during examinations and procedures.
- Performs various patient tests and administers medications within the scope of practice of the registered nurse.
- Promotes patients' independence by establishing patient care goals and teaching patients and families to understand conditions, medications, and self-care skills.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing
Certification and Licensure
- PA Registered Nurse Temporary Practice Permit or Registered Nurse License